Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back in the saddle (Day 69)

I'm feeling much stronger mentally today. I think I just needed to have an emotional day. Better than keeping it bottled up, eh? Dr. Lovelace has me scheduled for 7 a.m. on Monday morning. It's really real! Stacy is all set up with my password to update this blog with any and all baby news. Liz, my fav. nurse (who is working Monday and if all the moons are aligned will hopefully get to go with me and help deliver Spartacus) told Dr. Lovelace this morning that the doctors in NICU were wanting to talk with him to strategize about the birth and discuss whether or not to do another round of steroid shots (to boost the baby's lungs). I've already had them twice-- but the last time I had them was back at 28 weeks. Remember, I'm now just past 34 weeks. So we'll see. It's comforting to know so many bright minds are already working to make sure all goes as well as possible on Monday.
All the grandkids (including my 3) came up to visit after the zoo and lunch at "Old" McDonalds. In all, ten kids and three adults came into my room. They were actually quite good-- especially the adults! The Texas cousins are headed over to my house right now to play. Reese just got stung by a bee while jumping on the trampoline. So hopefully, the tears will have dried by the time they arrive.
Finally, last night, about 60 teenagers and youth leaders did a service project at our house and Grandpa Bodily's next door. The army of teens cleaned windows, the house, mowed the lawn, weeded and on and on. I bet is was an amazing site! Thank you!

3 comments:

karen said...

Lonni,
the home stretch is here. That's got to put you through about 2875 different emotions. I realized that I didn't have your number to call you this morning (forgot to get it from Maria yesterday at our playdate--you were our topic of convo) so email me with it OK?
mktobler@yahoo.com

Marti said...

Where do you get the energy to deal with all the whirling, swirling, sweaty masses of people that come through to see you?

Hahahaha! Only a few days more.

Wait. Let's count. Friday (1), Saturday (2), and Sunday (3).

WOOHOO!!!!!
Spartacus will be here before you know it and then we'll all know what you're really going to name him! Hurray you!!!

Rebekah said...

Good luck Lonni! I woke up this morning thinking about you and hoping all goes well. Just a few more days and you'll be able to see your baby at last. Hope all goes well. Love you.