Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Life Is Settling In...

You know I've been worried about how the girls have handled my long absence and all the stress we've been under--- well here's proof I had reason to worry! I can't begin to guess how many layers of clothing Greer has on her skinny little body. She obviously has quite the future in design ahead of her, eh? I also came across this little picture from the night I checked out of the hospital. The three women in the background are Mandy (l to r), Debbie and Tracey. I got to know many of the nursing staff quite well and they are all amazing. I miss seeing them daily!

And here's little Kean (I still want to refer to him as Spartacus) with the cone-head IV. This picture was taken Saturday afternoon. The nurses took his IV out later that evening-- and with the help of a lot of rubbing alcohol and Vaseline... I'm happy to report he has most of his hair. I did hear he let out a loud wail when they took it off. That's a good sign-- he rarely cries. Please remind me of this someday when I feel like all he does is cry.
And here's our brave little boy on Sunday afternoon. Byron and I think he looks like his old self-- well, as old as a nearly two week old baby can look! Greer likes this picture because she thinks Kean is showing off his "big" muscles!
I want you to know, I made it to the first hour of church today. My first real outing. It was nice to see so many loving faces. My day at the hospital was quiet and slow. Kean was very sleepy and never had the energy to latch on. That's okay, I'm patient. It always nice to get to cuddle with him. His ten day antibiotics are over! A reason to celebrate.

5 comments:

Carlie Pennington said...

Lonni, he is absolutely beautiful. We are pulling for you all.
Love,
The Penningtons

Cindy said...

Kean is so beautiful. He truly is a special boy. You are doing an amazing job of mothering this little guy. His bravery is genetically earned!
I am so happy to hear you got to get pampered in the "outside" world; getting a hair cut and color, you must have felt like a princess.
The girls are really going to entertain Kean when he gets home. Get the camcorder ready!
Much love,
Cindy

Joseph and Kamber said...

He looks so at peace showing off his "muscles".

Taylor Family said...

He's so cute with or without the IV. I never got to tell you how much I love his name. Thanks for sharing the very cool story.

Blakeley said...

He is a handsome boy, isn't he? I'm so glad you were able to make it to Sacrament Meeting. I probably would have cried through the whole thing, after having been gone for so long. I bet everyone was sooooo happy to see you. Did you feel like a rock star? I'm sure everyone wanted to talk to you and hug you. Maybe Kean just thought of today as his "day of rest" and will be more energetic tomorrow. Hope so.