Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Can't they leave him alone for at least a day?

This will be a quick post-- I'm exhausted and still have that "oh so fun" task ahead of me-- pumping! I swear this every three hours is for the birds. Byron has resorted to calling me "Daisy" and says I'm part Holstein. And I have to say, I'm starting to agree.
We all went down to Grandpa Bodily's house for a BBQ and swimming with his family. They are all so wonderful. My brother took my mom to the Shakespeare festival tonight-- so I was dreading having to warm up dinner. I know, warm up dinner, instead of cook-- I'm pitiful.
I had another good day at the hospital. Kean was quite sleepy.. .but still managed to latch on for "recreational" breast feeding-- for about 15 minutes total (two sessions). He's definitely making progress. The Neo-natalogist came in to talk to me (I'm beginning to dread anytime one of them walks into the room). They are putting a catheter in him and shooting him up with colored dye tomorrow to do some more testing on his kidney. Eeee... I wish they'd just give the poor child a break and stop poking and prodding him. Tonight he was scheduled for another newborn screening. He's going to look like a Voodoo doll by the time he gets out of the hospital. At least, he'll be the cutest Voodoo doll ever.

6 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

Hey Lon, that dye thing is what we had to do with Nate when he was a few months old. I really dreaded it, it wasn't great, but it also wasn't as bad as I had made it out to be. Not sure if that helps ... I know, it's all just too much.

Love ya,

Stac

Cindy said...

I hope you and Byron can just hold on to the goal...get Kean strong so he can go home to his family. Kean is a fighter and he will keep showing his courage. Can I send three copies of "The Little Engine That Could" so the girls each have their own special book to read to Kean!
Love you,
Cindy

Shellee said...

I'm sorry they have to poke him yet again. You're in our prayers and I'm sure your name has been submitted to our temple more than a few times.

karen said...

So the nursing sounds like it's progressing pretty well (or the latching on, at least). Keep on truckin...

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Every day sounds like he's getting better and better. He is amazing! I love his name, btw.

Sherri said...

No your not pitiful... When I warm food I consider it cooking. It's really sad. I'm going to attempt to make a turtle cake for Cc's 2nd b-day, wish me luck. ;)