Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Greer's First

Greer came with me to the hospital today and got to hold Kean for the first time ever. She was so excited-- thank heavens for "Kodak moments". We got up at the crack of dawn and went to see Greer's ear doctor. 2 1/2 hours later-- she'd survived a probe up her very numb nose, allergy testing and hearing tests. She'll continue on her steroid nose spray for another six weeks-- if the fluid in her left ear doesn't clear up-- she gets tubes again. Oh joy. It's always something. When we got to the hospital-- Kean was off having his kidney test (catheter and die) and the nurse told me all looks great-- even though we have to officially wait for the Radiologist to give me his report. But, alas, another miracle. His problems have cleared up from the ultrasound of when he was still in my womb. So our little fighter continues on.
Greer and I held him, cuddled with him and I worked with him-- then we left him to sleep and we went and had lunch in the cafeteria. Oh, the excitement of a six year old-- you'd think we were eating at Nobu's.
I had a delicious nap this afternoon and feel somewhat human for the first time since he was born. I must say, it only took me a few nights to get back used to my comy bed. I've put the 7 hospital pillows and the egg crate foam behind me (hopefully forever).

2 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

Ok, I have dibs on Greer. She must marry one of my boys! :) So cute and so sweet!

Marti said...

I have dibs on Reese. That girl always looks like she's trying to hard to be sweet in her pictures.

Hope you're feeling better every day. :) Seems like Kean is!

Oh, and do you mind?

Hello Gwen C!