Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Our Uninvited Guest

Byron dropped by for lunch today... and found this little guy trapped in our garage.
 The youngster hawk was too exhausted to fly out so had to get a bit of help from Mr. B.
Too bad the girls weren't home to see this.
I tell ya, there's never a dull moment at "Barker Park".
Kean had a pretty good morning but unfortunately went down hill as the day progressed.
He is sounding a bit hoarse... so I'm trying to not stress and hope he continues on his
rock star path.  Today is day 9 since we started the evil Phase 4 of Chemo.
The doctors told me it would take about 7 to 10 days to knock him down....
and since yesterday he had his best day in weeks... I'm hoping he'll keep
bucking the trends and continue to be Mr. Miracle.
We'll see.
No matter what, he's my hero, even when he looks this miserable.
I got a phone call today from an old friend who I have always admired.
Ross Farnsworth Jr. told me something that made me stop in my tracks.
I love it--- he said when you hear someone question why bad things happen to good people.
You tell them because good is not enough.
And he's right.
The main way we grow, progress and become better people
is when we are stretched and put through the refiners fire.
I have already experienced so many beautiful moments on this
painful journey.  I hope someday I can look back and be grateful
our family was given this trial. 

1 comments:

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Interesting. Maybe he's the kestral that we've been missing for a couple days....we've had one roosting over our front door all autumn, but he's been gone for a few days. The kids are worrying about him. ....if ours doesn't show up, I'll just tell them he found a new home at your house.... :)