Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, November 30, 2012

False Alarm

Well we sure had another doozy of a morning.
Kean woke up at dark-thirty again.... and wouldn't stop crying.
When he gets worked up, he starts gasping for air.
It wasn't pretty.
His mom is already hyper paranoid about every little twitch he makes.
So when she/I saw a dried bloody sore on his lip, I really started worrying...
in that it wasn't there when he went to bed the night before.
Between the constant crying and the lip sore, I figured we were off for another
staycation at St. Luke's.
I set the girls up for a self serve breakfast and got Kean calmed
down with a bottle... all the while mentally re-scheduling my day to head to the hospital.
Here's the thing, he drinks this chocolate flavored Pedia-sure and it usually
leaves a mess on his face.
So when I wiped off the milk on his mouth, guess what else wiped off-- the sore on his lip!!!
Now for the embarrassing part;  it was just a dried bloody booger.
Can you even begin to imagine the utter shame if I had dragged him all the way
down to the hospital over that!?!?!?!
Yikes.
I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a booger in my life.
Geez, what has happened to me?
I can't believe I just wrote that.
Anyway, Kean is still hanging tough.
He looks sick, he has little energy, but oh, I'd rather be home with him
not feeling well, than in a hospital with him not feeling well.
We've had a nice evening.
A friend of ours from church, Jonathan Riggs, spoiled us with pizza for dinner,
the two new little steers were delivered (silly Sadie isn't acting overjoyed to have company),
and the three girls went to see a movie with Dustin and Stephanie Simpson and their kids.
So Byron, Kean and I are just kickin' it.

 It is shocking at how quiet our house is with the girls taken out of the equation.
I have to admit, it is sooo nice.

0 comments: