Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Foiled Again.

That ol' saying "the third times a charm" is a crock.
For the third time, Kean's counts are too low to proceed with the next
phase of Chemo.
In fact, they dropped instead of increased.
He went from 690 to 640 in just two days.
 Dr. Meeker said it means nothing.  And not to give worry
even "five minutes of my time".
So I won't.
I'll just be glad Kean got another duck to add to his collection...
 Pirate Duck... Arrrgghhhhh.
Man, he got two in one week.   A record.
 And I'll be thankful my good friend Colleen Riggs came with me again.
She almost makes the trek downtown a party-- almost.
Here she is helping Kean play "Baby D.J." in the lobby while we waited for counts.
She had that music blaring and Kean forgetting about how hungry he was.
I'll also be trying to put this crazy ride in to perspective.
As my mom said... at least with all these delays it's looking
more and more like Kean will be home with the family for Thanksgiving
(and probably feeling relatively good as a bonus).
We are scheduled to hoof it down to the hospital on Monday.
If... and I will not be getting my hopes up either way... if he is
strong enough to get the surgery, the docs say it will take about a week for the
Chemo to really knock him down.
So we have another week of our sweetness.
Stay tuned....


1 comments:

Jeannette Duwe said...

Time is a gift. Will continue to hold you all in prayer. Blessings come in strange packages, and perhaps your mom is right. ;-) Love you!