Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Counting My Blessings

Well today was a rough one.
If Phase 3 was the vomit/mouth sores phase...
perhaps Phase 4 will be known as the constantly hungry and constantly crying phase.
Or perhaps, it will be known as the phase where momma finally cracked.
This is really hard.  And yet, I should be so thankful that we are home and not
in the hospital for Thanksgiving.
Gotta keep focused.
Kean had two therapy sessions today.  It was a nice diversion from what I mentioned above.
 Neither Andrea (Kean's Physical Therapist), nor Momma Gump, his O.T. could get
Keanut to do much walking or working.  We were just happy to get him to
stand on his feet for some time-- and stare at himself.
 The poor boy was unhappy most of the day... his brightest spot
came when daddy got home and took him for a very short motorcycle ride.
If he could talk, he'd say it was way too short.
 We had a surprise visitor tonight... Mark Moomey is home from college.
Mark is like an older brother to the girls... he practically got mauled.
 Mark didn't take it personally that Kean wasn't so impressed.
Kean only seemed to be content watching his favorite little video.
Finally.  Finally he is asleep.
Today has been a particularly long day in an already overly long week.
Tomorrow has to be better, right?
We'll be surrounded by family and yes, we will all be together.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
We have so very much to be thankful for.
I have a long list I'm formulating... and it will start with
the fact we still have one very special little boy in our lives.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I feel so helpless. I can pray, send out to our mutual KPNX family, but I CAN'T be there physically for you, Byron and the girls. I will continue to hold you all in my prayers. I will send out to the fristers (faith sisters!) the call to hold you up for strength.
Love to you all,
Cindy

Melissa Snyder said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!!!! So sorry for that yesterday was a hard day. Here's to praying for a better day today. We think and pray for you often. Know that we love you! What an incredible experience!