Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Smorgasbord of Sorts

If you've followed this blog with any regularity at all, you know that
a big part of each day is trying to get Kean to eat.
Forget drug pushers, I'm a food pusher-- of all things fattening and calorie laden.
So here's where this little story gets good.
I left Kean in the very able hands of  Mr. Barker while I took the girls to church.
When we got home, Kean was in bed asleep.
Check.
When I asked how well he had eaten at lunch...
here's what Byron told me they had:
lots of Goldfish, a few bites of banana and a glass of water.
Yikes.
In his defense, Byron said Kean seemed perfectly happy with "the spread".
So much for a healthy, high calorie lunch.
Thankfully, he woke up happy and ate a huge dinner!
And thankfully, Byron makes up for being a great father in other areas!

 One other note, in Phoenix last night Todd and Julie Johnson's family (see if you can follow this-- Todd is my
sister-in-law's Dana's brother-- and they are like my in-laws), particpated in the Light the Night Walk to raise money
to fight Leukemia.
Natalie is one of their three children.  She is holding a picture of Kean and of (Dana and Todd's brother) Erik
who died of Leukemia as a teenager.
They walked in honor of these two.
Thank you.  I'm at a loss for words
It is these acts of unbelieveable love and kindness that give us the strength to face another day and another week.

0 comments: