Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Up Day On The Ol' Roller Coaster

I'm sure I've had many of you worried about me after last night's post. First off, drugs are wonderful. My breast infection feels a bit better, thankfully. And I had a good day at the hospital. The blood and urine test results came back-- all negative. These were the tests the Pediatric Oncologist ordered to further test that mass in Kean's liver. All the weird stuff they were worried about can now hopefully be ruled out. So we are back to monitoring the growth and hoping it will dissolve or not cause any problems.
Kean also tried his darnedest to progress today. With a lot of patience and some hard work, he was able to take both of his feedings while I was there from a bottle. That's the best he's ever done. So maybe things are starting to click for him. Or maybe, just maybe he's trying to thumb his nose at the docs for cancelling our big "rooming in" session. Speaking of his nose, today was the third day he pulled out his NG (feeding tube)-- what a little troublemaker. My sweet friend, Kim took Reese all day today-- then showed up tonight to drop her off bearing flowers. Thank you all for all you do to keep my spirits lifted.
Tonight, my little Beehives (the 12 and 13 year old girls I worked with in my church BBR (before bed rest) held Sister Barker Night.

They put a crown on my head, a boa around my neck and treated me like a princess all night. We had yummy treats and played a few hilarious games. One of the games they played had them test their memory. A tray filled with baby paraphernalia was brought into the room for a few seconds and then they had to list as many items as they could remember. They also played baby pictionary. Aren't they the most beautiful group of girls? They are all darling and it was so good to be with them again. How can someone not be surrounded by these bubbly, upbeat, energized young women and not feel better about life? It was just what I needed. Plus, they made me a cute, cuddly baby blanket for Kean. He has a lot of babysitters to choose from!

3 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

Well Lon, if it makes anything better, you LOOK good! :) I'm glad the girls treated you to princess night!

Love ya,

Stac

Blakeley said...

Those little beehives are so cute! You can tell how much they love you. I'm so glad you were treated like a princess, since you probably aren't feeling very royal with that yucky infection. I hope you feel even better today.

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Aren't antibiotics wonderful? We are so lucky to have them available... I'm glad you're feeling better!