Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 22 in NICU

Pam picked me up this morning and went with me to the hospital. Kean decided to show off and latched on for a whopping 12 minutes. Of course, when Elly came in during her lunch break and Kean's second feeding-- he was to whipped to do anything. Ah, the ups and downs of NICU. The doctor told me to plan on another few weeks to a month in the hospital. I am so done with that place. Luckily, I have such good friends who come visit me and my nurse buddies from my days in Ante-Partum to keep me on track. By the way, I had washed and taken in a bunch of new little outfits for Kean to wear (before he outgrows everything). When I got in this morning, there was the dirty clothes bag-- filled with four of the five outfits I had brought in. The nurse gave him an enema last night and boy did it work! All those outfits have the proof on them.
Remember, the baby girl who was sharing the room with Kean (who never had any visitors)? I finally met her mom yesterday. The baby's dad is in another hospital getting treatment for cancer. When I got there this morning, the baby was gone-- moved to the same hospital as her dad. Sad story. Guess we all should count our blessings.

1 comments:

Kerri said...

I don't know how you're doing all that hospital stay stuff. Izzy and I would be in there for 5 day stints here and there and I thought we would both be admitted to the asylum afterward. Ugh! Hang in there.