Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It is sooo wonderful to be all home with no trips to the hospital! Byron is finally feeling well enough that he is holding his son. He put himself on a self imposed hiatus until he got better. Don't know if I told you, but Kean has weaned himself off the breast. He will only take a bottle. So I'm still pumping. But there is a very bright side to that, Holland, Byron and my mom can all take turns feeding him.


I'm sure its very difficult to tell from these photos (where are the smiles?), but we are all happy to have him finally home. We weren't sure we'd ever see these days. What a long, amazing journey. We have grown so much as a family and will forever love and adore all of you for all of your support.
I have to mention, Holland was given the assignment in school to build an "insulation" box, one that will keep an ice cube from melting. Holland came home and we discussed some ideas, then she went down to Grandpa Bodily's house for some advice. He's a retired engineer. A half hour later, they come back with the box built. They did this the day before we brought Kean home from the hospital. I love that man! He saved me!
They put a little compartment for the ice cube to sit inside of a box full of foam. And guess who won for her class? Holland-- her ice cube kept its solid form the longest. So here's the winning duo with the winning entry!
Holland proudly informed me, she sawed the foam and everything. Cool, eh?

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Precious, everyone one of you!
Love, Cindy

The Good Life on Less! said...

Very sweet pictures ... good for Holland and grandpa Bodily! Totally digging her silver fingernails! :)

Taylor Family said...

It is nice to see Kean home where he belongs. As for the nursing, my favorite subject... the twins would also only take bottles so I pumped their milk for 7 months. I didn't think it was that bad. That is cool that you have a future engineer on your hands. Congrats Holland.

Anita said...

Good luck on your big day tomorrow! As Elaine (from Seinfeld) once said on the subject, "Off with the heads!" Okay, so I'm a little slap happy tonight. I hope all goes well.

Cindy said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about the big "C" tomorrow. Byron you get to be Kean's rock. Lonni, I suggest you go to another room and have them play any kind of music ("loud") to distract you.
Love you all,
Cindy

Marti said...

Good to see Byron, smiling but tired with Kean at home. :) And how wonderful to have such a smart, talented daughter as Holland is growing up to be.

Best of luck tomorrow with the "C."

Nick said...

Yay for him being home! Good to hear you're starting to feel better and that Kean is progressing so well!

Blakeley said...

Lonni, I'm so glad to hear that you are all home and pretty much flu-free. You must be loving having some normalcy in your life again. You certainly have earned it. I'm so happy to hear how well Kean is doing--must have something to do with those cute sisters of his! You guys take care. I know you still have a chaotic life with having a newborn and sleep deprivation, but hopefully things will calm down a bit for you now. Love you so much!