Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday, Sunday (Day 35 in NICU)

I squeaked in an hour of church this morning before heading to the hospital. It feels so good to have some normalcy. Kean was darling as ever today. Sleepy, as usual, though.
The Patient Care Coordinator who has been wonderful, gave me a baby gift today from the hospital (a blanket and three little sleepers). I asked her if this means I'm really going to get to leave and this is my farewell gift-- she said yes... it's an incentive for Kean to get going. So the light at the end of the tunnel is getting a bit brighter.
Today marks 5 WEEKS in Intensive Care. I have to say, this has gone by much faster than the counting the painted leaves on the ceiling days that I was in Ante-Partum.

5 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

I'm glad this has gone faster & I hope everyday you are physically feeling better from your ordeal.

Love ya!

The Fullers

Anita said...

I still can't believe he is over a month old. I know it seems like forever in the day-to-day, but wow, a month old. It seems like yesterday . . .

Marti said...

How big is your boy/our hero these days, Lonni? How's he doing on the weight gain and filling out those sleepers?

Cindy said...

Many prayers for your "sleep over" tomorrow. Also, I hope the car seat stress test went smoothly and Kean is proving what a strong little guy he is. He's ready to go home and join the chaos at the Barker's.
Get a good night's sleep tonight!
Love, Cindy

Nick said...

Sounds exciting. Hopefully not too much longer. I have bibs, a sling to carry him in, a nursing cover up, older baby clothes, a wipe warmer, and a mobile. I also have a high chair still. Let me know if any of those sound like things you'll need and I can get them to you anytime. Keep hangin' on.