Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, September 6, 2009

I've settled down...

I'm feeling a lot better today (and not so bitter). Your sweet comments and emails have helped tons. Plus, I went to church today for a little bit. Since it was Fast and Testimony day, I thought it would be a perfect day for me to get up and express my gratitude to the Lord-- but it was a no go. I was emotional through everybody else's testimonies-- and knew I'd not be able to blubber out one coherent word if I got up to the pulpit. So hopefully, that day will come sometime.
I spent a good chunk of the day in the NICU with Kean. When I got there, he had a bag taped around his "manhood" to capture his urine for testing. It was pretty clever and less intrusive than a catheter. But he sure didn't like it when it came time to gently pull the tape off. Poor little guy. He got his third bath -- and that seemed to calm him.
I talked to Dr. Meyers (the NICU doctor I have the best relationship with-- he went to Duke-- that should explain it). He has studied the ultrasound of Kean's liver and told me today he thinks everything should be okay. Of course, we need to wait for the MRI on Tuesday-- but he thinks the mass is a cluster of blood vessels that may just absorb as he grows. They'll just have to watch it closely. There are a few other little spots that he thinks may be smaller masses or calcification deposits. If they are calcification deposits-- they may be from an infection in the womb and therefore, he would have them scan the brain and other tissues for similar deposits. But Dr. Meyers is leaning against that and towards the blood vessels (there is some medical term he was using-- but I can't remember it for the life of me). So after talking to him today, I feel much, much calmer. All I could ask him is where were you yesterday???

6 comments:

Anita said...

I'm glad you're feeling better today. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're allowed any emotion that comes your way!

Blakeley said...

Lonni, I just read your last two posts. You probably aren't nearly as excited about it being a holiday tomorrow as the rest of us are, since you have to wait another day for that MRI. I'm sorry. I'm glad that the doctor is not thinking this is cancer. I really feel for you. You must be so exhausted physically and emotionally, yet you continue to give all you have for your sweet son. You are his angel mother. I don't know what to say to bring you comfort, but our family fasted for yours today, and I'm sure many, many other families did as well. You are just one family, but you have had such a wonderful influence on so many of us. You and Byron probably have no idea how much you teach the rest of us by your powerful example of faith and strength. Don't feel too badly about venting about your frustrations every once in a while. You always seem to come out of it, and I'm amazed at how quickly you're able to do that. Life is so interesting, isn't it? I wish I could carry your load for you for a bit so you could have a break, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Still, I really wish I could. Love you, Lonni!

Elizabeth said...

This is an answer to my prayers all day! Just remember many of these challenges come amazing blessings!!! I love you so!

Lori Лори Lori said...

Hey Lonni,
I am so sorry this is sooo terrible for you. I wish there was something I could do or say, but I am thinking about you.

Lori

Kerri said...

Hey Lonni, I love you and feel your pain (and in another way I can't believe you are going through all this.) Let me know if it would help to talk about the big c word.
~Kerri

Marti said...

I don't think you were bitter. I don't any of us thought that, Lonni. But my gosh, you and Byron and those girls have been through a lot in the last 3 months and the ups/downs of the last month alone have got to have been exhausting. The very idea of having one. more. thing. for little Kean and your family to endure is heartbreaking.

We're all here for you to vent to, and praying for the very best possible outcomes and His will to be done.

Which of course, it will be.