Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Big "C" is behind us!

It's done. Thank heavens.
And both Kean and I survived.
We (my mom, Reese, Kean and I) went to the doctor's office at about eleven. Kean had to go three hours leading up to the procedure without eating... so he was starving-- but brave.
Dr. Bouquard had me sign a bunch of papers and I have to admit, I almost called the whole thing off on the final form-- when it said there is no medicinal reason for circumcision, it is an optional procedure. The same form talked about side effects-- so I was very tempted to grab Kean and run. But I figured if most moms can be brave, than darn it, so can I.
The doctor was darling and took little Kean. I could hear him cry-- but I held it together. They brought him back to me about 25 minutes later-- with a few tears in his eyes, but he was calm and HUNGRY.
He's been a bit off tonight (wants to be held) but for the most part is doing great. I'm so glad to have this done. And I'm so glad I have only one boy!

4 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

I didn't like it either when my boys were circumsized. They were so sad, sore and extremely hungry. I am so glad that he did well. Glad it is behind you and you can move forward. They are brave little guys for undergoing that but he probably doesn't even remember it today.

Ficklins said...

When I had Scott ( now 21) they did it in the hospital and brought him to me well after he had gotten over the crying. I thought hmmm this is not so bad. Then i had 2 girls, then came Brady. I had to take him to the doctor to have it done. When they brought him back to me the doctor held him up "lion King" style over his head and said " this boy has one beautiful penis". I was so embarrassed that I quickly forgot how traumatizing it was for Brady haha. He is now 13 ( well on October 2) and I have to say, he is fine haha. I on the other hand felt like a horrible person for days. Enjoy your boy...they are wonderful :)

Unknown said...

Hey Lonni,
I love following your blog. You are a great writer!! I was sure glad to get a girl after 3 boys so I could avoid the "C" for the 4th time. I think about you so often and little Kean is sooooo cute!! I can't wait to see him sometime. Please call me if you ever need anything!!!

Sherri said...

Good thing CC is a girl. I can barely get her shots. I'm sure that was hard to do the "C" after all he's been through. This little guy needs a break. How's he doing at home? Does he seem to be doing better being surrounded by his loving sisters? I've been thinking about you a lot and hope your doing okay. Strawberry pie always makes things better, right. :)