Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Finally Some Perks

Keanut is still holding strong--- shocking all of us with his ability to hold
his Chemo (I hope you didn't think I was going to write liquor)!
He had Physical Therapy at 8 this morning.  It was a bit chaotic in that I was
trying to get the girls out the door and off to school.
We had to bump it up since Kean had an appointment with his Ear, Nose and Throat doc.
Here's the beautiful thing... normally, this group of doctors has, oh, I'd say
approximately 70 people waiting in their three waiting areas.
I had called them up in advance to let them know Kean is immune suppressed
and can't be around all those people.
I offered to wait in the car but they said to come in and they'd put us in a room.
Normally, the wait in this office is a minimum of 30 minutes (up to two hours-- it is awful).
Today, we were in, seen and out the door in 35 minutes flat.
Yes-- the perks of having a kid with Cancer.  We will gladly
use it in this case for our benefit.  I'm telling you it was a thing of beauty.

 Maureen, Kean's Occupational Therapist made her weekly visit today.
I'm not sure who loves her more... me or Boy Wonder.
It is a joy to have her come to our house each week.
I guess if I stop and think about it... there is more than one perk
when it comes to Kean and his Cancer.

2 comments:

LoriRenn said...

I just love reading your posts, Lonni. You are always so positive. Keep shining your bright light for all to see and I will keep your family in my prayers.

Joseph and Kamber said...

You must see Dr. Beck. The BEST Peds ENT and worth the wait in the office when you can!! Congrats to getting in and out so quickly.