Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Medical Education

Just a quick update.
I'm too tired to do much more.
I did hear from the Pediatric Neurologist's office today.
Ladies and gentlemen-- we have liftoff:  an appointment 
for Monday, March 10th.
Meanwhile, Kean's Pediatrician (Dr. Sandstrom) called me
from her home on her day off to talk about Kean's episode.
I told her about my research on the Internet and what makes
most sense to me-- and get this, she agrees.
So for those of you who find this medical stuff interesting--
here's the theory:
I found a paper about a 4 year old boy with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (Kean's Cancer) in the same phase as Kean's in, taking the same drug each night.  This child was having seizures brought on my severe Hypoglycemia.  
I looked up the symptoms for severe Hypoglycemia and they sure fit his symptoms.
Dr. Sandstrom looked up his glucose levels from the E.R. and they were just barely in the normal range:  65 (normal is 60 to 100).
Plus, on the other three occasions, he came around slowly but surely after I gave him Pediasure and whole milk.
When I took him to the E.R., they wouldn't let me give him anything to eat or drink until they ran some tests-- and boy, did those symptoms hang on.
So maybe, just maybe we are on to something.
Of course, there's nothing I can do or give him to prevent another episode. So it probably doesn't matter what it is.
We see his primary Oncologist on Tuesday.  We'll see what he has to say.

0 comments: