Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, October 11, 2012

What Have We Gotten Ourselves Into?

A week and a half ago, the marketing department at the hospital contacted us.
They have asked our family to be the "face" for their holiday campaign.
They had me write a Christmas letter about all of our experiences with St. Luke's.
Evidently, it is rare for a patient to quote "be so normal" and yet have so much contact with the hospital.
I'm not sure that's a compliment.
But anyway, ten thousand mailers will be going out with our family picture and story-- to ask donors to
give to this year's hospital holiday project.
Sounds kinda fun, eh?
That's what I thought until we started trying to figure out what all six of us should wear that
looks coordinated but not too matchy matchy-- put together but not like we tried too hard.
I'm stressing, I tell you!
So tonight, we took snaps of each of us in several outfits... here's Reese in the dress that pops. 

 Here's Reese in a muted corduroy...
 And here she is in floral.
 All I can say is I'm totally clueless and putting way too much pressure on one picture.
But geez, it's going to ten thousand of my closest strangers!
I'm planning on sending the pictures we took of each of us to one of Byron's best friends, Wendy in Seattle.
She's a professional stylist.  Really.  I was hoping she would just send us a box full of the perfect clothes in
the perfect colors and the perfect sizes.
But alas, I wouldn't ask that of my worst enemy.
Shopping for Holland (Ms. Picky) is quite the ugly experience.
I'm just hoping Wendy can help us pull it together with what we have.
 
I took the girls to get flu shots today.
You'd think I was taking them to get an arm sawed off.
Their mean old mom just kept reminding them that since their little brother bravely handles two shots
a day, they could certainly survive a yearly flu shot.
 And guess what... they did!

0 comments: