Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sugar and Spice

I swear, sometimes it is all we can do not to lose it at our house.
The girls are always (unintentionally) cracking us up.
Tonight, for instance, I'd gotten on Greer's case a bit for not listening.
When I went to wish her good night, she was in quite the reflective mode.
She told me in all earnestness... "Mom, every night I find myself wondering what ever
happened to the girl I used to be."
How in the world am I supposed to answer that one?
Then there was Saturday when my mom and I ran out for a couple of hours to my cousin's baby shower.
Byron was out working on the barn.
Greer answered the phone when I called to check on things.
Before I could say anything, she said "Mom, I know you can hear Kean crying in the background but don't you worry one bit.  We've got it covered.  He'll be just fine."
Gotta love that girl!
We can't leave out ol' Reesey.
Since school started she has begged us not to make her get hot lunch at school.
She's begged for a p b & j every day.
We finally got to the bottom-- to the real reason;
she is too short to see into the containers where they are supposed to separate their
dirty utensils and she is too embarrassed to ask for help.
She and Greer concocted a plan for Greer to stay in the cafeteria after eating lunch (instead of
going outside to play), wait for Reese to get her hot school lunch and eat it, then help her discreetly
figure out where to put everything.
What sweet girls we have!
As for our sweet boy... he was supposed to have two therapy sessions today but Momma
Gump wasn't feeling quite right so opted to play it safe and not come.
Kean's new Physical Therapist, Andrea came and put him through his work out.
Thankfully, he's warmed right up to her.
Chemo day is tomorrow.  Yuck.
He was finally starting to feel pretty good.

1 comments:

Stacy said...

what sweet girls!