Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Music of the Night

Byron and I had one of those "you can go"... "no, you can go" nights.
Holland started playing the clarinet a mere month and a half ago
and had her first band concert tonight.
I was expecting a need for ear plugs.
But I was pleasantly surprised by her 12 year-old looking band teacher.
He had the parents sit with their kids, taught us about proper posture, breathing, and the basic notes.
And then get this, he had our children teach us how to play their instruments.
It was much harder than it looked.  Holland is pretty impressive.
When we got home from the 25 minute concert, look what we found:
Byron and Greer playing Monopoly...
 And Kean out cold on the floor next to them.
Unfortunately, I had to wake him up for his shot.
But Mr. Exhaustion went right back to sleep.


3 comments:

Kerri said...

Cute post :)

Unknown said...

Oh, to be able to just curl over and sleep like that! Such a wonderful post, Lonni. Y'all continue to hold a prime spot in my daily prayers.

April said...

Hey, is that Mr. Grzanic (the 12 year old looking band teacher?)
Did you know that he is Coleen's oldest son (Coleen, my neighbor that I always bring to Grandpa's pool)?
Small world, huh?
Oh, and I LOVE that Kean is so flexible - can't believe he can sleep like that!