Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, October 26, 2012

Acts of Kindness

I told you we had a few sweet surprises that made yesterday's Chemo day much more bearable...
At the Children's Cancer Center, there was a basket of homemade hats--
several of them hand knitted by Maddie Tanner,
a friend of ours who is a few years older than Holland.  She had made and donated them in honor of Kean Barker.
That sure made us feel loved.
(Yes, we know this one is kind of girl-ish... what can I say, he liked it and  so did we.  The girls can scrap over it).
 Then when we came home, we found a pile of goodies:  a Halloween basket with scrumptious cookies,
super cute straws, a story book about Halloween, a soft activity book, a bag of mini Tonka cars...
 and the cutest Halloween card I've ever seen.
My pictures do NOT do this justice.
All of it was to Kean from a 3-year old friend from his Nursery class at church.
Boston (I'm quite certain with some help from his mom) wrote Kean quite the letter-- maybe you'll think it's
as darn cute as I did:  "I miss you in nursery.  There are too many girls in there.  I am banking on you getting
well soon, so we can rule the nursery together.  I know you are fighting hard!  I'll work hard in nursery
to keep the girls under control until your speedy return!"
I think the card and Boston are both keepers!
 As for Kean, today was a bit of a rough one.
Typical of the few days right after Chemo.
He was low energy...
 and did a lot of just hanging out...
 in positions that don't look all that comfortable to me.
 Byron and I went with some friends tonight to tour the newly remodeled Boise Temple.
It is such a beautiful and sacred building.  We sure had a fun night sharing our beliefs and talking
religion with our friends. 
Robin Clark-- one of the kindest women in the world came over and played with the kids.
She made homemade pizza...
 and homemade spiders with the girls.
I can't say it enough, we are surrounded by the greatest of friends.

0 comments: