Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rejuvenated!

I've been "off grid" for the past few days... because we escaped!  My parents took Keanut
for a long weekend and we took the girls camping!
Our first get-away with the girls since Kean got sick.
We found this great little place near Featherville...
 with lots of hot springs,
huge Yellow Pines...
 and some great hiking trails.
 Reese talked us into going off trail and nearly straight up the mountain to
"Pride Rock" (to get this, you had to have seen Lion King).
 I swear it was way steeper than it looks but we survived and had a great hike.
We were supposed to meet our friends the Allen's up there... but they bailed on us
when some of them got sick.
We ended up making some great new friends at the hot springs...
they came back to our camp for dinner.
This is Byron teaching 2 year old Gemma how to roast the perfect marshmallow for s'mores.
 Mother and Daughter-- Therese and Melissa are both nurses.
Therese used to work in the adult Cancer ward-- small world.
 This morning, Byron took the girls on a hike while I spoiled myself with a book.
They found a whole slew of natural hot springs...
 and clearly had the time of their life.
Kean was a near angel for my folks.
My dad said they'd like to keep him...
but oh, did I ever miss my boy.
Our reunion was sweet.
He about jumped out of his clothes with excitement when he saw us!
Love, love, love that kiddo.

0 comments: