Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Clock is Ticking

Life is good and life is moving on.
Kean is happy and seems healthy.
We'll find out how high his counts are this Thursday when he is supposed to start Phase 3 of his Chemo.
Finally, I'm beginning to feel like life isn't going on without us.
I remember when Kean was first diagnosed and I left the hospital for the first time to go back to the house
for a shower and a nap.
I remember being struck so strongly by the fact that people were sipping coffee, riding bikes, going shopping--
all this, while our lives had come to a crashing halt.
I was almost resentful of every ones normalcy.  Almost.
Well now it seems we are back on solid ground.
Kean is still mostly his happy, sweet self
and other than being housebound, we are feeling alive again.
Case in point:
One of Byron's close friends from growing up, Roger Billingsly came through
our parts on his annual trip to Oregon.
He's actually been here a week-- but I wouldn't let him come over since he
had visited relatives before arriving who were sick.
I can't take any chances and had to make sure he didn't come down with it.
We had a lovely, relaxing evening.
I don't think there's ever been a visit where he hasn't been wearing his cowboy hat.
And I don't think there's ever been a visit where his cowboy hat wasn't commandeered!

1 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

Horray for normal days! So happy for you guys. What an example Kean is to me. Everything could come crashing down but that sweet smile always makes me think there is always light at the end of the tunnel. What a sweet boy he is. I would just love to be in his presence sometime. Horray for good friends too! Glad you got to see Byron's friend. Looks like a nice time. Sure love you and miss you friend. Tell me when I can come and visit. I would love to drop in and say a quick hello. Tell everyone hi for us.