Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Think I Can, I Think I Can...

Mind over matter.  Right?
His counts were high enough that we started phase 3, known as Interim Maintenance.
Here's the scoop.  It lasts for 45 days and he will get two different Chemo drugs (Vincristine and Methotrexate) every
ten days via the port in his chest-- except for the third dose which will be another Spinal Tap.
So here he is getting his Chemo cocktail.
That's Stephanie, the Music Therapist in the background.
She played and sang and had Kean play instruments to help pass the time.
I say, bless her sweet soul.  She saved me today!
 We met with Dr. Chang today.
She said this phase is known as the vomiting/mouth sores phase.
Oh goody.
 Kean came home from the hospital exhausted, took a short nap and then woke up crying and
didn't stop for about an hour.
After that, he seemed pretty close to fine.
Go figure.  Let's hope it lasts.
My friend, Angie Stephenson hung out with me at the hospital today.
I can't tell you how nice it is to have someone to help entertain Kean and to talk with while we wait for blood results,
wait to see the doctor, wait to get the Chemo up from the Pharmacy etc.
Angie worked with Elly and another great friend, Stacy Hofman to bottle up about 30 bottles
of peaches for my pantry.
Pretty sweet friends I have, eh?
Just so you know, we have 8 weeks of Chemo and treatment already under our belts.
Starting today, it will be 3 years from today when we can say we are done with Kean's treatment.
Let's see, that's September 13, 2015.
Excuse me while I go hyper-ventilate.

2 comments:

karen said...

Lonni!! You can do this! Start the countdown...can I make you a paper chain to rip off the days every day? ;) I hope his vomiting/mouth sores phase is short-lived. love you, karen tobler

HEY!! Marc and I and the fam will be in Boise visiting Nick and Jen (Marc's bro and wife) in mid-October for a few days--can I come see you? WHat's the policy for Kean the Machine to be around healthy people around your house? Is he still quarantined? I will contact you when we get there!!;)
(480)688-5575 cell #

Kerri said...

I love ya. 2 days ago I got all worked up and convinced myself that Izzy was having a relapse due to some leg and arm aches accompanied w some stumbling. I cried every time I thought about it, even in the night. Then I promptly got her in for a blood draw...phew! All was normal. Seriously though...in 2015 you can claim you've lived through everyone's worst nightmare. One day at a time!!