Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Short of the Goal

To quote Charlie Brown:  Arrrrggggghhhhhhhh!
Just look at this little, sweet angel face.
You'd never know he is such a pill.
 Let's see... I just put him to bed and here's a list of what he ingested today:
About 15 ounces of Pediasure and milk.
About 7 ounces of water.
About 6 bites of sausage at breakfast.
About 15 pieces of popcorn.
Here's a list of what he spit at me:
eggs, cheese, hash browns, bread, cheerios, grape juice, kool-aid, pedialyte, root beer, corn dog, tater tots, soup, pasta,
yogurt, peaches, chicken nuggets, french fries, hot dog, baked beans, pineapple, olives, chips....
You get the idea.
After dinnertime, he wasn't even at the halfway mark for where he was supposed to be for his intake today.
I called the doctor who wanted me to take him to the E.R.
Somehow, I talked him into letting me see how we did tonight and reporting in - in the morning.
Frankly, I'm just too darn tired to go through another marathon night at the E.R.
We'll see how he does in the morning and what the doc says about today's performance.
His minimum is supposed to be 25 ounces.  We got 22.
I'm exhausted- mentally and physically.
The positive news is, somehow I only got food spit onto my clothes and arms.
My hair dodged it.
Don't laugh.  I gotta keep focused on the little positives or I'm done.

1 comments:

Steven Swihart said...

You're doing an amazing job with the Keanut! I really think he will turn the corner for you soon.