Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Boxing Match

Can you say bone tired?
Kean had a stuffy nose that started yesterday.
He went to bed just fine but woke up a little before 2 a.m.
sounding like a seal barking.
Unfortunately, we are all to familiar with "Stridor" in our house.
At least this time instead of rushing him to the E.R., we both bundled up
and sat out on the front porch (in the 20 degree temperature)
for half an hour.
It did the trick-- well, helped enough we stayed home and he finally went back to sleep.
 I, of course, kept listening for the "barking" to get worse.  Ug.
I keep trying to tell everyone that I'm too old for this
but clearly, no one believes me.
One of the reasons I wasn't too thrilled about going for a middle of the night run
to the E.R. is because we were scheduled for an early morning run to the hospital
for Chemo.
Thankfully, we had a double date today-- my friend (and fabulous photographer)
Fabiana and her son Jacob.
 Between vitals, getting the vampire draws,  
 meeting with the doctor,
waiting and waiting for the lab to make his chemo
and then administering the chemo... we had a lot of down time and playing time.
Jacob and Fabiana were sure cute with Kean-- even though he was quite 
grouchy by the time we got home.
I sure wouldn't be nearly as sane as I am without my friends
taking turns spending days at the hospital with us.
Kean is sleeping now... I got a short nap and am ready
for round two of Stidor vs. Momma Bear.
Keep those fingers crossed the Steroids the boy started today
will be enough to kick his breathing into the healthy zone.


0 comments: