Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Ramped Up

I am counting the minutes until Byron gets home from Arizona.
Kean followed suit from yesterday and even ramped it up to
miserable x 2.
In fact, he's so uncomfortable that Holland noticed this afternoon that he has bloodied two toes and one thumb from biting them!
I finally called the Oncologist on call-- and after debating if I should bring him in (yikes) he opted to triple his Miralax and have us keep an eye on him since he's still not wanting to put weight on those feet.  
Uh, yeah, like we aren't watching him closely already.
Grossness alert:  he did finally poop some this afternoon but not enough to clean him out for the week he's been holding it.  We're bracing for the dam to break.
Saint Dee (my mom) came over to hold Mister Non-Stop-Crying for a few hours while the girls and I ran to a movie and grabbed a quick bite to eat.
(By the way, Despicable Me 2 is great medicine for over stressed moms and sisters).
Unfortunately, most of that stress came right back when we walked in the door.
After a few hours of constant crying, I called two friends of ours to come over and give Kean a blessing of comfort.  Terry Harris (and my cousin, LaVar Kofoed) came right over.  Kean immediately went to Terry and was rocked to, sang to and danced with-- he finally settled down!
I think I needed the blessing as much as Kean.
Now let's just hope he will finally get some rest tonight.
Otherwise, Byron may come home to a wife that's ready for a staycation at the state hospital!


0 comments: