Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Super Surprise!

We had a long night.
Kean whimpered and whined on and off while he slept
(which means I didn't sleep).
But good news, he woke up in pretty good spirits
and was markedly better than the past few days.
He was even willing to get in a bit of therapy time.
 While our boy was taking a nap to recharge his batteries,
the UPS guy made a visit and delivered a huge box.
A box that Kean had quite the time studying...
 It didn't take long for the girls to put together this new tunnel and tent...
 and it took even less time for Kean to dive right in and fall in love with his new toy.
I saved the best for last-- who it was from.
My darling friends Lisa and Dan McCosley.
Lisa and I go waaaay back-- she was engaged to Rick Sherrill, my old TV station's engineer
 when I worked in North Carolina.
Rick, along with one of our photographers and our helicopter pilot were killed
when our news station's chopper crashed over 20 years ago.
All three of the guys killed were engaged to be married.
It was one of those events in my life that changed everything-- especially me.
Out of the blue, this cheerful toy arrived for Kean with a note that brought me to tears.
Listen to this;
"The reason for this gift for Kean--- I can be as "politically correct" as anyone and appreciate blurred gender roles in this modern world.  However, there are many times that gender differences should be celebrated.
I smiled at Reese's thoughtfulness in sharing her princess tent when Kean was unable to go camping.  Now I know little dude is secure in his manhood - but I think every man deserves his own little "manly" space - his own man cave that is not  pink.  I came across this "macho" gift for Kean to create his own man cave, a place where he can go to think about manly things -- tractors, motorcycles, spicy pickles, wowing the ladies with that smile and ll the "dude stuff"! 
You know, just being a boy!
Can you see why that made my day, my week, my month?
I continue to be floored at all the goodness and love out there in this world.
What a lovely reminder the day after such heartbreak in Boston.
Thank you Lisa and Danny for being such beautiful souls.

1 comments:

Diane said...

So very thoughtful of you Lisa.