Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hedging Our Bets

Another rough night.
I swear, I am way to old for this ride.
But Kean seemed okay enough by morning, so we went forward
with his therapy today.
However, after his nap, he was pretty miserable.
 And we are starting to hear some congestion in his chest.
Can I just start crying now?
I feel a trip to that dang E.R. looming in our future.
 The good news is now that Holland is turning 12, she gets to move up from the childrens' program
in our church to the "Young Women".  And tonight she went to her first activity-- a spaghetti dinner
 fundraiser for this summer's girls camp.
Holland was so excited to get to be one of the servers.
 While she was helping to set up the dinner, several of the girls from her new class
came over to the house to decorate her room as a way to welcome her in.
 They hung streamers, balloons, plastered the room with the cutest notes, posters and letters
and sprinkled candy throughout.
 The best part is she had no idea!
 And when she came home, boy oh, boy, was she tickled.
 As part of the spaghetti dinner, the girls also had a dessert auction.
I hear overall, they made 3 grand.
Holland's lemon bars went for fifty buck.  Crazy.
And my dear friend, Teresa Peery sent Holland home with a box of spaghetti, salad
and this little gem.
Dinner tomorrow night will be sweet.
And Kean and I better be home to enjoy it!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh poor Kean ... and poor you! I really hope he can pull out of this and avoid the ER ... saying a prayer!