Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Odds

Tonight marks the last night for Kean to take his oral Chemo.
At least for the next two weeks.
He gets this break so he can recover.
The protocol he has been on is supposed to hit him pretty hard-- so far, we
haven't seen it.  He is relatively happy.
His big excitement today was waiting for the tractor to warm up so
he could go with dad for a ride.
While Byron took the girls to church and Kean took a nap,
I hit the computer.
Remember how Kean was in a photo shoot the other day for a couple of his
doctors who are shaving their heads to raise money for children's Cancer research?
As part of that we have been asked to sign Kean up to be honored on the St. Baldrick's web site.
I got on there and found it so terribly sad.  Several of the featured children
have passed away.
Here it is supposed to be inspiring... a site to get folks to donate.
And all I could do was sob today as I looked at these amazing children who have lost their lives.
1 out of 5 children who get Cancer don't survive.
I am operating on 100 percent faith that Kean will live through this.
He has done so well, I have no reason to doubt my convictions.
But I guess I'm just feeling a bit of guilt that he is alive and doing amazingly well...
when so many don't.
I hope that is normal.
 
 
 

0 comments: