Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Chemo: Our Constant Companion

The boy must be thrilled to be home because every time I put him in
his crib he just giggles.
I'm tempted to do the same each time I get into my own bed.
Home trumps the hospital every time and my bed beats the vinyl couch hands down!
Shawn, the home health nurse (we know her well) came out to the house today
to check on Keanut -- check out his skinny legs.
She is weighing him if you can't tell.

And to teach me how to give him Chemo at home.
Honestly, I don't know how in the world I'd ever do this without another
set of hands to hold him.
Luckily, tomorrow is the last day for Chemo for this week (we start again next week),
so Shawn will be out anyway to de-access his port and help me give him the Chemo.
We are staying on top of the anti-nausea medications so so far the only
side effect I've seen is low energy (and a little fever tonight-- sigh).
One thing I'll give the ol' Chemo... is that thankfully
it does not rob him of his personality.
He is still the sweetest... and still obsessed with motorcycles and tractors.

0 comments: