Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Brrrrrrrr

This is what we woke up to this morning... a virtual white-out.
School was cancelled and the girls couldn't have been more thrilled to stay home.
Our poor cows, however, were not so thrilled.
This picture Byron took gives you an idea of how miserable it was outside for much of the day.

My children, for some reason think we live in Southern California.
This is how Holland dressed much of the day.
I know you are wondering 'where are the parents'?
I'm wondering too.
(She did put on her snow clothes to sled in the afternoon thankfully).
Some of my friends were just crazy enough to visit us on the hill-- Elly, for example.
Actually, she picked up some groceries for me and wins the medal for bestest
friend and bravest driver.
As for Kean, I can see him starting to go down hill.  This darn Chemo is so mean.
He's not eating worth spit, not sleeping worth beans and has had a fever on and off since
last night.  As you know, we have to head into the hospital if he hits a temp of 101.
This morning at 3:30 a.m. (when the wind was blowing like a banshee and the snow was swirling),
Kean's temp was 100.9... just a hair shy of the get in the car and drive to the E.R. thresh hold.
Phew.  I swear I can actually feel the grey hair popping out of my head!
The nurse did come today, give him his last dose of Chemo via his port and take the needle out of his chest.
So now he can have a real bath (it's been since Sunday- ug).
We had a few surprise visitors as well-- our neighbors, the Marczak's, dropped by a
little blue sled to pull Kean around in the snow.  He didn't feel good enough today
to go out in the cold but I'm hoping for tomorrow.  These are the same friends who gave him
the little Harley Davidson big wheel.
And as if we are not spoiled enough, my sweet friend, Peppi dropped in with loaves of
hot, fresh baked bread, and homemade blankets for Reese and myself.

Peppi said she started to make the blanket for Kean but felt strongly she should make it for Reese.
Smart, inspired woman, I tell ya.  Poor little Reese was thrilled and felt so special.
Thanks for being so in tune to a sometimes neglected little girl's needs.
She has snuggled in that blanket all afternoon-- no wonder, she and Greer and Jaymie
tore it up in the snow until dark-- they even convinced Byron to take them on a snowmobile
ride around the property.

Snow days are great fun but I'm hoping to return to normalcy tomorrow and
perhaps even get something done around the house.



0 comments: