Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, January 4, 2013

Mush


Today was a mixed bag.
I got a call right after 9 a.m. from the girls' school telling me Reese had thrown up on the bus.
Yikes.
That poor child has vomited more in the past few weeks than I did when I was pregnant.
Well, almost.
Anyway, long story but my good friend Cindy Jones had to go pick up the sickie for me
since Kean was still asleep and Byron had my car for the morning with the car seat.
Reesey must just have some stomach bug.  It is not her strep back, thank goodness.
The challenge, once again has been keeping a very bored and needy little girl separated
from Kean-- who by the way, was very lethargic today.  And not very interested in eating.
I'm oh, so hoping, he is not getting sick too.
(He seemed good at bedtime though)
I tell you, this roller coaster of trying to keep everyone in this house healthy, and especially Kean
is exhausting.
If you remember last night, a group of my friends pitched in to send me for an 80 minute massage and spa
pedicure for my birthday.
They had set it up for today-- and in spite of all the drama at Casa Barker, Calene Borup and her
daughter, Chelsea still wanted me to go.
They held down the fort...
while I was pampered and turned into the equivalent of jello.
It was heaven and I worked very hard to
1.  stay awake
2.  not think about Cancer for even a moment.
 I also have some pretty cute toes, even though it is fr-fr-freezing here.
Byron took the two "non-sick" girls up to McCall this evening.
They are staying in a cabin with our good friends, the Cook's.
Tomorrow they will snowmobile into the Burgdorf hot springs
and go swimming.
Lucky dogs.
This has been one of our all time favorite traditions.
I'm just so glad Byron still took the girls even though half of our family
had to stay home.
We are trying to keep our lives as normal as possible
in spite of our uninvited long term caller-- wicked Mister Cancer.
Time (and the counseling bills our children turn over to us) will tell
how well we have succeeded.

1 comments:

bob mcd said...

Four children will keep you from being bored. Add two who are under the weather squares the work load. I think you and Byron are managing quite well