Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, March 19, 2010

So do you want the good news or the bad news?
Okay, the good news is... Kean is doing fabulous in the therapy department. His mouth is sucking better, he's holding his head up longer, his stomach and chest muscles are getting stronger etc., etc.
Now for the bad news-- since he's doing so well-- today was Libby's last day. Mere words fail me when it comes to describing how wonderful, helpful and knowledgeable I find Libby. I adore this woman. She started coming to the house the first week Kean was home from NICU. So basically, she's been a huge part of his little life. Sure, I'll see her at the NICU reunion picnic and this summer when she comes to get berries from our garden-- but it won't be the same. I'll miss her weekly visits. (I still have Pat and Melissa coming to work with Kean).
This is Chelsea, a student therapist Libby is training-- she's delightful too-- but doesn't have that calming Grandma trait quite yet.

Oh, by the way, Kean at weigh-in today topped the scales at a whopping 14 pounds.
His sisters have been very busy after school each day. I guess our house isn't quite good enough. They've been taking all the tree trimmings from the to-be-burned pile, and creating their own lean-tos, tee pees or sweat lodges. I haven't quite figured out what to call them.
But so far, there are three of them leaning against one of the walls. They get inside and um, I don't really know. Maybe play house or sit or well, sit.
All I know is they weren't quite ready for the photo shoot. They tell me their homes are still under construction.
So if you come visit, make sure to tour the property. These three latest "haciendas" join all the other forts and playhouses around the place.
More power to 'em. I'd rather they be hauling sticks than playing video games or zoning out to the TV.

0 comments: