Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, March 12, 2010

Plum Tuckered Out

Kean had therapy today and can you tell-- Libby worked him nice and hard. He's my first baby to like his thumb. It's kinda cute.

I got some nice news today. His Pediatric Oncologist, Dr. Chang called to tell me about his ultrasound (what the Radiologist had told me earlier this week)-- that since his Lypoma is not growing or causing any problems, we are off the hook for his visit next week. She will talk with our Pediatrician and the two of them will come up with a monitoring plan. So for now (and hopefully forever) no traipsing downtown to MSTI (Mountain States Tumour Institute)!
So another doctor crossed off the ol' list.
However, before I get ya'll too excited, we are adding another.
Last week, Kean's therapist, Pat noticed his eyes were involuntarily "dancing" back and forth-- a condition called Nystagmus.
A trip to his Pediatrician confirmed it-- but she thinks its just immature, underdeveloped muscles in the eyes and will correct with age. No biggie-- but I still have to see an "expert".
So we have that appointment at the end of the month.

Dang, I should have bought stock in the medical field.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

He is darling. I say the less trips to MSTI (even though they are super nice there) the better.

Melissa Snyder said...

Can I just tell you how sweet that little guy is! He is so cute. I can't get over the picture wih him sucking his thumb. Oh so sweet! He is getting so big. What great news that one more doctor is off the list. Horray for Kean! Glad all is well.