Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Here we go again...

Oh my. She's at it again. Today, Byron and Craig left the office and came by the house.
Me: "I wonder why Daddy and Uncle Craig are home..."
Reese: "I know. Daddy brought Uncle Keg to play with our Barbie house in the garage."
Yes, I'm quite certain that's exactly why. But wait, there's more.
Yesterday at nap time, she wanted to know if Jesus has "magic powers". And if he likes us to laugh and if he likes to laugh with us.
Where did this all come from???
Finally, at bedtime the other night:
Reese: (all serious) "Mom, can I talk to you?"
Me: "Yes...."
Reese: "I don't want to be Carter's boyfriend."
Me: "Okay, you don't have to be."
Reese: "I want to be Derek's boyfriend."
Me: 'You're too young to be anybody's boyfriend (or girlfriend). Go to sleep."
Yikes... we're in real trouble when she hits her teens.

5 comments:

Nick said...

I LOVE the things they come up with. And it's so fun to record them and look back on them later. What an inquisitive little girl. Glad I don't have girls after all knowing you'll have to deal with boyfriend stuff. ;)

The Good Life on Less! said...

Yeah, she's going to be interesting as a teenager ... love the hairdo!

Marti said...

Oh dear.

I'm quite sure that is the cutest little girl I've ever seen.

You ARE in trouble!

karen said...

not to mention that the sound of her unedited mirth coming down the snowy mountain could possibly be the ticket to brokering peace in the middle east. it's the happiest more pure laugh I've ever heard!

just hung out with sher and stace @ barros pizza last week for a mini last minute catch up session. miss ya.

Blakeley said...

She just keeps it comin', doesn't she? She's hilarious. She'll probably get a kick out of reading all of these funny things she said when she's older.