Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, June 7, 2013

Silver Linings

We are settling in to the lazy days of summer.
I'm trying to do better this summer than last year when our world fell apart--
by having the girls spend 30 minutes each morning reading or doing math.
Check out how slick this is....
here's Kean in heaven swinging-
 And here's Reese reading her "chapter book" while taking periodic breaks to push her brother.
 So you know how Kean's counts were so shockingly low on Monday that his doc took him off
of his daily chemo at home this week?
Well, I try and force myself to find the silver lining-- and perhaps, just perhaps, I've
found it for this latest set back.
Maybe this break from the poison- oh excuse me, I mean Chemo
is giving him a chance to feel well enough to work on his very delayed speech skills.
Because today he was on fire.
He kept repeating all kinds of words and phrases.
And then tonight at bedtime, he saw Byron and just went wild with excitement
saying "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" over and over again.
I tell you, it was soooo cute.
Almost as cute as this picture Holland snapped--
(don't know why it is all distorted on the blog- but
you get the idea).

0 comments: