Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Turn

Wow was today a quiet one.
Byron took the girls to church and then to a birthday dinner for a friend...
so Kean and I were at home all day.
Can I just tell you how thankful I am that as of today, he's done with his Steroids
(until next month).  They sure make him snarky.
Tomorrow's the big Chemo day.
Pray for good counts, okay?
 Actually, I did get out of the house tonight at 8:30.
If you are a regular reader of this blog you know that the Moomey's are some of our dearest friends.
Tonight their son Mark was officially set apart to be a missionary for our church.
What that means is, the leader in our area, President Firmage (on the left)
gave him a blessing where he was called to serve the Lord for the next two years.
He leaves in a few days for training before he goes to the Netherlands.
In case you didn't know, Elly is from Holland and all of her family is still over there.
So it makes Mark's mission even more exciting.
 Tonight was a true highlight.
I wish I could put into words the spiritual experience we all had.
Mark is one of the greatest young men I've ever seen and
exceptionally well prepared to serve his mission.
All that was quite evident in the blessing he was given tonight.
We will miss him so... (especially our three girls)
but clearly, he has some important work to do.
Elly had asked me to sit in on the meeting tonight and to act as a scribe--
to take notes so all the advice and counsel would be remembered.
It was a very special experience and made even more so by the fact
I could finally do something nice for Elly and Ron. 
Elly, if you remember, went with Byron and I to the hospital
on the day we found out Kean had Cancer.
She acted as scribe that day and for hours took
pages and pages of notes for us.
So as of tonight we have two notebooks filled with
two sets of very different notes.
Both of them are significant though...
they represent life changing moments in both of our lives.
 


0 comments: