Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Party Animals

Today we celebrated my dad's 80th birthday.
Yes, you read that right.  80. 
Crazy that we are all getting that old.
 My niece Katie made her magic with a pretty cool cupcake display.
 My dad's the type that would prefer to have his birthday's forgotten
But of course, the rest of us are the types that can't let an excuse to have a party pass us by.
But we did keep it pretty quiet-- just family and my neighbors, the Bodily's.
We got him one, yep, just one present.
A book -- one of those online scrapbooks-- that we filled with pictures
and letters from all of us, his wife, kids, grandchildren, siblings and in-laws.
 It took us quite a while, but each of us read our letters out loud (my dad is legally blind).
 We all wrote about our favorite memories or favorite things about Grandpa.
 Some of it was funny, some of it was touching.
 Kean, was in his own world tonight-- oblivious to all of this
looking back and remembering.
But boy, was this boy in a good mood (and easily entertained).
For a dad who didn't want us to do anything for his birthday,
I think he was quite touched.

0 comments: