Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, March 1, 2013

Music, Sweet Music

Keanut had a harem surrounding him this morning.
 Greer had her good friend Eliza over for a rousing round of dress ups.
I worry, Kean is logging a little too much time in that tutu.
But as long as he's happy.
 Those crazy girls... they keep us laughing or laughing at them.
Kean had a great day until this afternoon.
He has amazed us with how happy and healthy he has been.
Let's hope tonight is just a little blip.
We had a meeting this morning to work on the charity concert to raise money
for the Pediatric Oncology floor at St. Luke's.
We are wrestling with a name for the event--
Dustin came up with Keanut's Gang and Kid's Rock Festival.
Byron suggested Nathan's Night or Nathan's Night Out.
I've been trying to come up with something using Bald-- like Bald Fest.
Please give us your suggestions. 
As for the music, we've got feelers out to some great names
that we think will have you wanting to hop a plane and come visit if you live out of town.
No matter who we end up with... my children (and Kean if he could talk) would
tell you they want an artist by the name of Mindy Gledhill.
Trust me, we are approaching her people.
If you dont' know her music, do yourself a favor and Google her.
(You can thank me later).
I play her music during Chemo, every trip to the E.R. and during hospital stays.
I swear every time I play her tunes, I have at least one nurse, doctor or tech
ask me how to spell her name because they have become "true converts".
Her voice is magical.
Case in point.
Take a look at these pictures.
Kean was crying the other afternoon, I played her music on my phone
and before you could say allah peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the boy
stopped crying...

 and started kissing the phone.
 I tell ya, if she was here, I'd probably give her kisses too.
She has calmed my little guy down more times than I can count.
Her words have carried us through some pretty ugly hours, days and nights.
p.s. Fuzzball's favorite song is Hourglass from the album Anchor.


1 comments:

Christy said...

You need to send a video of him calming down to her music to her people. How could they not be affected or touched by watching sonething like that?