Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Bravest of them All...

Hands down, Greer is my most sweet and sensitive child (although Kean might give her a run for her money on that). A couple of weeks ago she showed us some strange looking bumps under her skin on her middle finger. Evidently, she has had them for months but only thought to show them to Holland who didn't bother to say anything to us (and can I tell you how many times she's been with me at the doctor's office!!!!!!). But hey, you know me, I have nothing better to do and nothing I like more than more doctors appointments! Our doc had no idea what the bumps were, so referred us to a Dermatologist.We jumped through all kinds of hoops to get in to the Derm. I'm realizing they must make a heck of a lot more money doing dermabrasions and botox shots than actually practicing medicine-- however, he was not concerned but did a little biopsy to make sure its what he thinks it is (Grannuloma Annulare-- not sure of the spelling but it's no big deal).

My little GiGi was so brave. She didn't even so much as whimper when he gave her a shot in her finger, did the biopsy and then gave her two stitches.

He's having her wear a little finger brace to keep from bending her finger and popping the stitches. So it looks a lot worse than it is. But of course, she's milking it for all its worth.
Kids!

1 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

I'm glad he thinks it's not a big deal. Hopefully he's right!