Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Booty Boxes

The girls came home from school laden with candy. They each decorated boxes for their class parties. Cavities, here we come! Ug.

For Holland's class, they were assigned to make a Valentine's box with a "small machine" aka-- lever, pulley etc. Byron was out of town last weekend and so when Holland came up with her idea and I had no earthly idea how to pull it off-- I sent her down to Grandpa Bodily's house. Of course, he saved the day. Let me let you in on a little secret: he's a retired engineer. SCORE! They planned and plotted, drilled and glued and voila:
Her box oohed and ahhed the other kids. SCORE again! Her box lever works kind of like a fishing pole. It swings around, drops down and clips on the lid to open it up. It also clips on the Valentines to help deposit them into the box. It's pretty darn cool.
Plus, Grandma Bodily**** donated some lovely "wedding" wrapping paper to the project that Holland fell in love with.
*** Okay, I mentioned that Grandpa Bodily got remarried haven't I? I'm worried I haven't. At the end of November, he married Karen and we already love and adore her. He only "came out" that he was dating her in October and things moved quickly from there. They've actually known each other for years. Karen put her mother in the same nursing home where Jeanine (Lee's first wife) was-- just weeks apart. I'll post a picture of the two lovebirds soon.
I also wanted to show you a picture of Kean's new therapist, Pat. Today was visit number 3 and we are already seeing improvement in the strength of his mouth.
Today we put him on a light blanket and helped him to practice crawling, well, moving his feet and legs in the right position and direction. He loved it-- for a little while and then he was
ex-haust-ed!
He's a superstar, I tell ya!

2 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

He's just so stinkin' cute! I can't wait to see him ... could I be getting a little baby hungry!?

Chuck said...

Those are huge Valentine boxes! when I was a kid it was a little paper bag or a little shoebox.