Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Where's my spoonful of sugar?

Kean had his 6 month check up today. He now is tipping the scales at.......... 13 pounds. I swear he'll be ready to drive and date by the time we can get him out into public and introduce him around!
This is our Pediatrician, Dr. Sandstrom. We adore her, mostly because she adores our kids. She gets down on the ground and plays and giggles with them.
I asked her today when, when, oh when can we get off house arrest and take Kean out. She said they are seeing a huge amount of babies with RSV-- more than ever this season. But since Kean is getting the 15 thousand dollars worth of RSV shots-- he should be safe. Dr. Sandstrom says she has not seen any babies with RSV who have gotten the shots. The flu and H1N1 or Heinie flu as I like to call it-- are still out there but taking a back seat to RSV.
Soooo... it looks like we will take Kean to church and bless him (the Mormon version of Christening) on Sunday, April 11th. He's doing great and let's hope he stays that way!
He did get 3 yucky shots this morning. Pre shots picture:
Post shots:

Poor little guy!

2 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

Our Pediatrician is Dr. Sandstrom too!!! We LOVE her! Yes, she is excellent with kids, makes them not feel so afraid and is so friendly. She has helped everyone on of my babies. Love her dearly! I would recommend her to anyone!
Sorry to hear about shots, those are no fun! But the good thing is, they never remmember it.
Yes, rico suave is his new name. You married a good man Lonni! We are so thankful for Byron and all the hard work he put in to helping Andrew adapt to nursery. We will forever be greatful.
Glad your girls like the balloons. Happy Valentine's Day to you too. We are so glad we are in the same ward together. Gosh, I could just write and write and write about how much we love your family. I am so happy that I get to be yoru visiting teacher, although I am not a good one by far, I am just glad that I get to sit and be with you when we come and visit. I love hearing your stories and you just inspire me to be a better person. Love ya!

Shera Mae Walker said...

Glad to hear you love your pediatrician Lonni. I'm so excited to be up there with you. Kean looks great! And your girls are a crack up!
~Shera Mae