Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, February 19, 2010

His "do"

There is really not anyone in our family who is follicly challenged. My father, mother, grandparents, children and Byron's side of the family all have hair and lots of it. And now there is Kean. He has a nice thick crop of hair-- unfortunately, it's only coming in in the very center of his head and that's about it. I lovingly refer to it as his comb-over. Poor guy. Good thing he's so cute! Today was pajama day at Reese's preschool. She was so excited to wear her nightgown and robe. To help round out the day-- we decided to have breakfast for dinner (sausage or ostrich as we call it in our family*, eggs, hash browns, bagels and OJ). Yum.

*When Holland was probably Reese's age, we were camping up in the mountains. Byron was just outside the camp trailer cooking up some sausage in the great outdoors. Holland walked down the stairs and over to him, sniffed the air and went "Hmmm, hmmm, I just love ostrich in the morning."
We've called it ostrich ever since.
By the way, I went to a 2 hour seminar last night for therapists, doctors, teachers and parents called "Building Better Babies". It was fascinating. It helped bring together all the therapies and various measures we are working on with Kean-- the "whys" behind it all. I wish I'd known all this when my girls were babies.

0 comments: