Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, February 15, 2010

My Valentines

Eleven years and he still owns my heart. Rico Suave' eh? Happy Valentines everyone! Byron and I had a big night out-- Elly came and watched the kiddos and we headed to a church dinner. We were pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was. Dinner was yummy, they music program was hilarious and the slide show of everyone's wedding photographs was so crazy funny-- everyone asked for it to be played twice. Our friends teased Byron that he looked like he was trying to be Edward from Twilight. Byron whipped up a Valentine's breakfast for his girls-- yum (especially since I didn't have to cook it)!

Our friend, Jean, gave us this mondo balloon to take home for the girls. It was a humongous hit.


It was almost a relaxing day. Almost. I had to give a talk in church on Service. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous since I was talking about something very personal. I focused on the "second side" of service-- receiving service. And in that our family has been the poster family for receiving service, I decided to talk about what I know. I focused on how Christ humbled himself and accepted service throughout his ministry and if we deny others from serving us-- we are denying their blessings. I'm so glad it's over.
Here's a cute picture of Dawn-- in January we switched the time we go to church and Danielle's church time overlapped with ours-- so now dear Dawn watches Kean so I can run to the first hour of church.

1 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

It couldn't have been 11 years ago we were all in Vegas for your wedding!?