Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Good Genes

And now for something completely different....
(If you are an old Monty Python fan, you'll get that.  If not, enough about
Baldapalooza).
Today marks my grandmother's (Beth Walker) 97th birthday.
Yep, you read that right.
Take a good, long look at her in the picture.  She's incredibly 
healthy and truly runs circles around pretty much everyone I know.
She's just recently started slowing down a bit.
But get this, at her age, the only medicine she takes is
an aspirin (and that started just recently).
She give me great hope for my future.
 In fact, we all adore her so much, my girls refer to her as
Grandma the Great!
No truer words have been spoken.
 We had a little family get together last week in her honor.
She didn't want any presents, just portraits with each family.
But she gave each of her great grandchildren a very special gift--
her written testimony for each to keep and cherish.
Happy 97th birthday my dear, dear Grandma:
Beth Packard Walker.
Oh to be like you when I grow up!

0 comments: