Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, May 27, 2011

Because Eight is Great!

Our super sweet Greer turns 8 today. 
She's so very excited to be turning 8 because in our church that means she gets to get baptized.
She also has a tooth, so loose, it's hanging on by less than a thread.
She was hoping to keep it in there, so she could actually "lose" it on her birthday.
 I have to admit, I'm relieved we had to postpone her party until next week due to weather issues.
This week has been my h&%$# week and I'm too pooped to party.
Monday Kean had his hearing tests.
Tuesday he had a 2 1/2 hour fun fest at his eye doctors.  (His Nystagmus-- his shaky eyes -- have settled down to the level where he will likely stay the rest of his life).
And on Wednesday, we spent a lllloooooonnnnnngggggg day back at our ol' stomping grounds, St. Luke's
for a CAT Scan.
Yes, they had to put him under for the procedure.
And yes, he does look tiny, doesn't he?

 But he did great-- coming out of it in fairly good spirits.
I won't go into the vomiting episode later that night.
The docs are wondering if something is wrong with his inner ears etc.
He doesn't seem to like being in the upright position.
So we await the results.
And we came home very, very exhausted.
Reese, meanwhile bee-bopped around the Zoo with some of my cousins and their kids.
She had a marvelous time, as evidenced by the picture below.
Out cold!

2 comments:

Marti said...

Congrats GREER! You're responsible now! Go out and get punch drunk on... PUNCH! (Sugar-free Hawaiian punch! My FAVORITE! Wait... do they still make HP?)

Lonni, you and I have talked about the whole inner ear/vertigo thing in the past. I bet your mom is extremely sympathetic about that issue to Kean. I hope it isn't that... so hard because he can't tell you.

Is Reesey asleep in that picture?

Ilona said...

Here's wishing you a better week next week. Please wish Greer a happy Birthday from her favorite Auntie Ilona and give Kean a hug from me...I am rooting for him. We love you all