Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, November 29, 2010

Bring On The Snow

 The girls are diehards when it comes to the cold and have been waiting very patiently for the snow.  We caught Reese out on the trampoline for the first frost.... and then, not to be outdone, the little ladies bundled up for this next shot.  (I know, I know, where are the parents???-- Obviously caring more about getting a good photo).
So on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we made our children put on actual cold weather clothes and we headed up to the mountains for our yearly tradition of playing in the snow and hunting down a Christmas tree in the wild.

Even though we brought hot soup, hot chocolate and lots of cookies, Reese filled up on the white stuff.  We found the best sledding hill and Byron brought the snowmobiles with this little sled that fit Holland, Greer and their two cousins-- Katy and Lindsey.

 We all went on lots of snowmobile rides and he carted the kids around in this sled... with only a few minor tips and dumps.  The picture below is of Melissa-- my sister-in-law Dana's best friend B.M. (before marriage). 
My honey and me... 



We went up with Doug and Dana and family and Ron and Elly and their son, Mark.  My parents stayed home with Kean-- thank goodness.  It was coooolllldddd.  By the way, we did not come home with a Christmas tree.  We looked somewhat, but spent much of our time playing.  Oh darn, guess that means we'll have to go up again!

1 comments:

Anita said...

Looks like fun. Although I have to say I still don't miss the cold and snow (even after 25 years).