Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tiny Steps

I'm having a hard time believing that my little boy is growing up so fast. He is now birth age-- 15 months! Crazy, I tell ya. He's finally getting the hang of using those fingers to grasp things. Check this picture out of him holding and eating a cracker. And while we have made no progress in getting him to suck from a sippy cup or straw, he's skipped straight ahead to gulping out of a cup.


I've been in a bit of shock this week. For those of you who are not LDS (Mormon), in our church, the children go into Nursery at 18 months. This is a little class run by "saints in training" who corral the 18 monthers to 3 year olds-- so their moms and dads can actually get something out of church.
Well, it was pointed out to me that Kean is scheduled to go into Nursery class in 3 months.
Yeah-- so not going to happen! He can't crawl. He doesn't have a single tooth and he's tiny. He's still wearing 6 month clothes. He'd get run over and smushed the first day!
I'm not sad about it. I look at it this way, he's my last baby and I just get to have a baby a lot longer than most. We have plenty of time for him to grow up.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lon~ Maya didnt go into Nursery right away either. To Small could not sit up at a table. This past year when she was able to go to Primary we decided to keep her in nursery for another year.She was just so short and small. The kids towered over her and she needed to build a little more confidence! So I understand and feel the same way! By the way... long story I need to call you but We have a dignose on Maya. The genetic doctor called. Kinda mixed emotions about the whole thing. Miss you and think of you often. Love to you and the family...