Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, November 1, 2010

Another Halloween is History...

Don't know about you... but I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween. I love how excited the kiddos get and how much fun they have dressing up-- but I hate, hate, hate all the loads and loads of candy. My children take after their father, they are all sugar addicts. I guess we can look at the whole rigmarole as stimulating the economy -- for dentists!
We had quite the booked weekend. On Saturday, we all schlepped down to Mrs. Kwid's house- she's our neighbor and Greer's 2nd grade teacher. Each year, she has her entire class and their families over to pick pumpkins out of her garden, eat too many cookies and drink apple cider and go on a hay ride to see the fall leaves. She's very, very brave, isn't she?
Don't mind that my girls dressed like it was a hot summer day (instead of a cool, crisp fall day). Notice how everyone is bundled up but them. Where are the parents, I ask you?

Saturday night, we got the kids decked out for our church's "Trunk or Treat". This is the first year Holland has gone "dark". She was a vampire princess this year. My mom cut up an old prom dress to fit her-- and we made a velvet cloak. Byron was the artistic director for the blood pouring out of her mouth. My friend, Joanne, gave us the cow costume for Kean. His bib says: "I drink my moo, I do my poo. That's all I do!"
At the church, we had a huge pot luck dinner, games for the kids and then... the much awaited and anticipated "Trunk or Treat".
This guy was passing out glow sticks. Notice how Greer and Reese wouldn't get too close to him.
The kids cleaned up in the candy department-- and it wasn't even Halloween night. On Sunday-- the real Halloween, we went to my cousins' house for a pot luck dinner, then Byron took the girls out to hit a few houses-- Grandpa Bodily's, Uncle Craig's etc. Sadly, our yearly tradition since we moved here of going to Nancy's house next door didn't happen- since her house is no longer there. Darn fire! It's still having an impact on all of us (especially Nancy).

1 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

Holland going "dark" makes me realize they are growing up! I was buying costumes for the boys for next year (after Halloween sales) & had to be careful to get "cool" ones, a little edgy.